Skip to main content

TCG Interview #3: Forsaken Souls

 

I spoke with the creator of Forsaken Souls. Here are his answers to my questions:


Q: Please describe your trading card game!

A: Forsaken souls is a customizable tcg, that allows you to color your cards however you like making each players cards unique. Forsaken souls is inspired by many popular tcgs and video games and is a tactical trading card game that plays more like a board game.


Q: What inspired you to create your own TCG?

A: What inspired me to create a tcg was my love for rpg video games and trading card games like yugioh and mtg. I want to mix elements of rpg games with tcgs but also have players color their cards so that no one player has a card that looks the same.


Q: What TCGs did you grow up playing as a kid?

A: I grew up mostly playing yugioh. Yugioh had the biggest influence on me as a kid even into adulthood and is what mostly inspired me to create this game 


Q: What sets Forsaken Souls apart from other TCGs?

A: What sets forsaken souls apart from other tcgs is it’s customizability and rpg like game mechanics. 


Q: How long have you been working on the game?

A: I have been working on this game for the past two years but I have had the idea for about 7 years.


Q: What is your illustration process like?

A: The illustration process is as simple as seeing an image from a movie or video game or any sort of media and trying to draw something like that image but in my own style.


Q: How did you come up with the name Forsaken Souls?

A: I came up with the name forsaken souls by thinking of a game mechanic where u have to give up something in order to summon creatures to the field so I thought ur life points would represent ur souls and in order to summon creatures to the field u must forsake your soul points.


Q: What are your future plans for the game?

A: My future plans for the game is to work on making newer cards and collaborate with artist to create colored variants of cards by popular artist within the mtg alter community as well as collaborating with the tcg community to create new game modes.


Q: Do you have any advice for anyone looking to make their own TCG?

A: To anyone looking to make their own tcg I would say having good looking art is key. You don’t have to be a good artist u can always hire people to draw art for you on IG or anywhere else. Game mechanics is another important thing try to have some elements of originality and not just ripoff other tcgs. And another major factor is get involved in the community and play test your game get feedback it will help you improve every aspect of your game. And the most important thing is u must have a burning passion for what you do if not then you will not succeed and never give up always stick to it and you will make your card game a dream come true.



For more, check out @xforsakensoulsx as well as their kickstarter at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/forsakensouls/forsaken-souls-tcg?ref=discovery&term=forsaken%20souls 





























Comments

  1. Really enjoyed this! I love collecting TCG's, and it's really nice to hear from the people behind them, about what makes their TCG theirs .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TCG Interview #90: Ward (Part 2)

I did a follow-up interview with Ward TCG, here are their answers to my questions! Q:  What’s new with Ward TCG since our previous interview? A: A lot has happened in the year since our last interview. Ward has hosted a dozen tournaments with great turnouts, lots of action, and many new players.    We have attended several conventions with the most recent being the HUGE Midwest gaming Classic in Milwaukee WI. The original actors from resident Evil 1 video game hung out at our booth for a while and were enamored with Ward.    We are in about 2 dozen stores, including a partnership with a Midwest convenience store chain “Luckey Seven”. They fell in love with Ward and have begun to spread it in their 37 stores across the Midwest.    We were invited to be on several interviews with ABC News. They also loved Ward and wanted to help promote an upcoming tournament we had in Minneapolis MN at that time. Being on Live TV was very nerve racking. We were also hosted by PBS for a short segment cal

TCG Interview #12: Neo Gambit

 I spoke with the creator of Neo Gambit- here are his answers to my questions: Q: Please describe your trading card game! A: NeoGambit is a fast paced and easy to play deck building combat TCG. Q: What inspired you to create a TCG? A: This came from a dream. I woke up from a nap and had dreamt of this fun TCG, reminded me of how much fun I had as a kid play card games. As a kid I spent hours playing games, but mostly alone, a lot of rules and effects for cards were off putting to others around me. So from my dream, NeoGambit was birthed. A simple fun TCG that literally anyone can play. Q: What TCGs did you grow up playing as a kid? A: My earliest memories are intertwined with TCGs, there wasn’t a moment in my childhood that I didn’t collect cards. Yugioh and Pokémon have been in my life as long as I can remember. I collected both Pokémon and yugioh for over 15 years. I also collected other TCGs over the years, my favorite being chaotic, I’d say that’s where most inspiration for the gam

TCG Interview #9: Nexvs

 I spoke with the creator of Nexvs- here are his answers to my questions: Q: Please describe your trading card game! A:  Nexvs Card Game is a two-player game designed to be compact, portable and fast paced but at the same time holds enough  strategic depth to have great games every time! In this game you will only need your 50-card deck, no extra deck, counters   or dice. The game board is easy to catch up and you can learn the rules in no time! With a space fantasy theme, through  Nexvs we will be able to explore many worlds, stories and characters!   Q: What inspired you to create a TCG? A: I've always liked to imagine sci-fi and fantasy stories since I was younger, so I began writing my own stories for fun!  Eventually I wanted to tell those stories through comics and games, but inside me there was a hidden passion for card  games that I didn't know about! My first inspiration was probably Digimon, but the 1999 card game through Digimon Tamers.  I wanted to make them just tr