Skip to main content

TCG Interview #25: Frenzy

I spoke with the creator of Frenzy- here are his answers to my questions:


Q: Please describe your trading card game!
A: Frenzy is a two player game where you get to choose 1 of the 4 factions to go into battle. You have 4 zones on the field and attack the warrior in front of you. First person to send 5 warriors to the Rest Zone wins.

Q: What inspired you to create your own TCG?
A: I always loved making games when I was little. Me and my brother would always test out my original card games that I made out of card stock. My inspiration would just be cartoons involving card games.

Q: What TCGs did you grow up playing as a kid?
A: I played mostly Yu Gi Oh and a little bit of Chaotic, and magic.

Q: What sets Frenzy apart from other TCGs?
A: I wanted make Frenzy as simple as possible so anyone can play. I wanted to make each faction different so there’s was something for everyone. You got Dragons, Ice Knights, Heroes, and shadow knights. It’s also great because it’s  a quick game too. I didn’t want it to drag out or be really complicated with all the effects. Maybe later on I’ll add crazy stuff but for now I wanna keep it simple.

Q: How did you come up with the name Frenzy?
A: I was trying to find something short so people could remember it. I went online and looked up synonyms for words having to do with battle, havoc, chaotic, etc… that’s when I saw Frenzy and knew that’s what it had to be called.

Q: How long have you been working on the game?
A: I’ve been working on it for about 6 months. I’m working on Set 2 right now hopefully to be out in February.

Q: What is the illustration/design process like?
A: At first I hand drew everything and was originally going to use the hand drawn characters. But when I put it on the digital card I didn’t think it looked right. So I used Procreate and started to draw them again. This was also the first time I ever used procreate or any digital software.

Q: What are your future plans for Frenzy?
A: For now I just want Frenzy to be on the Game Crafter so Anybody can get it. I love the homemade TCG community so I want to keep it simple. Hopefully more sets and starter decks will come out soon.

Q: Will you be at any upcoming conventions?
A: Not yet but hopefully someday I can go to conventions and teach people how to play.

Q: Do you have any advice for someone looking to make their own TCG?
A: My advice for creating a TCG is to draw a lot, watch cartoons, and anime involving card games for inspiration, and support other TCG creators.


You can follow @frenzy_tcg on Instagram and purchase cards at https://www.thegamecrafter.com/designers/frenzy-s-games









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TCG Interview #97: Ignaris

  I spoke with the creator of  Ignaris, here are his answers to my questions! Q: Please describe your trading card game! A: Ignaris is a creature-battler combat game with wild aliens and monsters divided up in 3 Entity classes: Warriors, Beasts and Lords! Q: What inspired you to create your own TCG? A: Funny story, I've always been passionate about having my artwork on display and I actually made some artwork for a TCG creator around 5 years ago but it never released.So I took matters into my own hands and decided to make my own tcg!! Q: What TCGs did you grow up playing as a kid? A: Pokemon was a big one. And Bakugan! Q: What sets Ignaris apart from other TCGs? A: Ignaris has unique artwork, and cool card mechanics! Ignaris is all about balance, all Entity classes in your deck must work together to defeat your opponent! Q: How did you come up with the name Ignaris? A: I knew I wanted it to be a creature combat game taking place on an alien planet so I was playing around with ...

TCG Interview #74: Ward

I spoke to the creators of WARD! Here are their answers to my questions:  Q: Please describe your trading card game! A: Ward is a trading card game that blends aspects from other popular TCGs like Pokemon, Yugioh, and Magic: The Gathering, but adds a Dungeons and Dragons style, dice rolling, battle system. We then simplified all aspects/systems so anyone can learn how to play with ease. Q: What inspired you to create your own TCG? A: Ward was inspired by creator Joe Casey when he decided to buy a few packs of a new card game (We will not say which). He had always loved card games of any type, Pokemon, Yugioh, Magic, Cribbage, Poker, and so many more. He brought the packs home, opened them up and read the rules in order to play it. For several hours, he and another future Ward associate, could not figure out the rules or general layout of playing the game. YouTube videos did not explain it well either. Eventually, they gave up and moved on. The idea for Ward was not created on this ...

TCG Interview #49: Object Outrage: War of the Whatchamacallits

I spoke with the creator of Object Outrage: War of the Whatchamacallits! Here are his answers to my questions: Q: Please describe your trading card game! A: Object Outrage: War of the Whatchamacallits is a tcg that has random objects fight to the death during a war that started after a group of scientists created a device that makes inanimate objects come to life. The Objects have teamed up based on what their preferred weapons and fighting style is, and attack any species of object that they haven’t teamed up with. Q: What inspired you to create your own TCG? A: My best friend who made Power Beasts and Culinary Combat was my inspiration for making OOTCG. He got me into HTCGs and helped me start OOTCG. My other inspiration is Chaos Galaxy, I used to watch his videos when I was younger and still love watching him today. Q: What TCGs did you grow up playing as a kid? A: I used to play a lot of Pokemon and Yugioh, I collected a lot of cards for each game and still have some of them. I pl...