Skip to main content

TCG Interview #25: Frenzy

I spoke with the creator of Frenzy- here are his answers to my questions:


Q: Please describe your trading card game!
A: Frenzy is a two player game where you get to choose 1 of the 4 factions to go into battle. You have 4 zones on the field and attack the warrior in front of you. First person to send 5 warriors to the Rest Zone wins.

Q: What inspired you to create your own TCG?
A: I always loved making games when I was little. Me and my brother would always test out my original card games that I made out of card stock. My inspiration would just be cartoons involving card games.

Q: What TCGs did you grow up playing as a kid?
A: I played mostly Yu Gi Oh and a little bit of Chaotic, and magic.

Q: What sets Frenzy apart from other TCGs?
A: I wanted make Frenzy as simple as possible so anyone can play. I wanted to make each faction different so there’s was something for everyone. You got Dragons, Ice Knights, Heroes, and shadow knights. It’s also great because it’s  a quick game too. I didn’t want it to drag out or be really complicated with all the effects. Maybe later on I’ll add crazy stuff but for now I wanna keep it simple.

Q: How did you come up with the name Frenzy?
A: I was trying to find something short so people could remember it. I went online and looked up synonyms for words having to do with battle, havoc, chaotic, etc… that’s when I saw Frenzy and knew that’s what it had to be called.

Q: How long have you been working on the game?
A: I’ve been working on it for about 6 months. I’m working on Set 2 right now hopefully to be out in February.

Q: What is the illustration/design process like?
A: At first I hand drew everything and was originally going to use the hand drawn characters. But when I put it on the digital card I didn’t think it looked right. So I used Procreate and started to draw them again. This was also the first time I ever used procreate or any digital software.

Q: What are your future plans for Frenzy?
A: For now I just want Frenzy to be on the Game Crafter so Anybody can get it. I love the homemade TCG community so I want to keep it simple. Hopefully more sets and starter decks will come out soon.

Q: Will you be at any upcoming conventions?
A: Not yet but hopefully someday I can go to conventions and teach people how to play.

Q: Do you have any advice for someone looking to make their own TCG?
A: My advice for creating a TCG is to draw a lot, watch cartoons, and anime involving card games for inspiration, and support other TCG creators.


You can follow @frenzy_tcg on Instagram and purchase cards at https://www.thegamecrafter.com/designers/frenzy-s-games









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TCG Interview #90: Ward (Part 2)

I did a follow-up interview with Ward TCG, here are their answers to my questions! Q:  What’s new with Ward TCG since our previous interview? A: A lot has happened in the year since our last interview. Ward has hosted a dozen tournaments with great turnouts, lots of action, and many new players.    We have attended several conventions with the most recent being the HUGE Midwest gaming Classic in Milwaukee WI. The original actors from resident Evil 1 video game hung out at our booth for a while and were enamored with Ward.    We are in about 2 dozen stores, including a partnership with a Midwest convenience store chain “Luckey Seven”. They fell in love with Ward and have begun to spread it in their 37 stores across the Midwest.    We were invited to be on several interviews with ABC News. They also loved Ward and wanted to help promote an upcoming tournament we had in Minneapolis MN at that time. Being on Live TV was very nerve racking. We were also hosted by PBS for a short segment cal

TCG Interview #12: Neo Gambit

 I spoke with the creator of Neo Gambit- here are his answers to my questions: Q: Please describe your trading card game! A: NeoGambit is a fast paced and easy to play deck building combat TCG. Q: What inspired you to create a TCG? A: This came from a dream. I woke up from a nap and had dreamt of this fun TCG, reminded me of how much fun I had as a kid play card games. As a kid I spent hours playing games, but mostly alone, a lot of rules and effects for cards were off putting to others around me. So from my dream, NeoGambit was birthed. A simple fun TCG that literally anyone can play. Q: What TCGs did you grow up playing as a kid? A: My earliest memories are intertwined with TCGs, there wasn’t a moment in my childhood that I didn’t collect cards. Yugioh and Pokémon have been in my life as long as I can remember. I collected both Pokémon and yugioh for over 15 years. I also collected other TCGs over the years, my favorite being chaotic, I’d say that’s where most inspiration for the gam

TCG Interview #9: Nexvs

 I spoke with the creator of Nexvs- here are his answers to my questions: Q: Please describe your trading card game! A:  Nexvs Card Game is a two-player game designed to be compact, portable and fast paced but at the same time holds enough  strategic depth to have great games every time! In this game you will only need your 50-card deck, no extra deck, counters   or dice. The game board is easy to catch up and you can learn the rules in no time! With a space fantasy theme, through  Nexvs we will be able to explore many worlds, stories and characters!   Q: What inspired you to create a TCG? A: I've always liked to imagine sci-fi and fantasy stories since I was younger, so I began writing my own stories for fun!  Eventually I wanted to tell those stories through comics and games, but inside me there was a hidden passion for card  games that I didn't know about! My first inspiration was probably Digimon, but the 1999 card game through Digimon Tamers.  I wanted to make them just tr