Skip to main content

TCG Interview #29: Izz-Monsters


I spoke with the creator of Izz-Monsters TCG, here are his answers to my questions:


Q: Please describe your trading card game!

A: Izz-Monsters TCG is a well-balanced game that focuses on fun and simplicity while teaching you how to tap into your higher consciousness and become ultimately aligned with yourself and the universe. The objective is to SHIFT your Izz-Monsters across the Arena Of Auras and deplete your Opponent's Izz-Points down to zero (0).





Q: What inspired you to create your own TCG?

A: I have a strong passion for drawing, and being a 90's kid who had to self-assemble his first bike, I would find joy in creating fun games for the happiness and excitement it brings others who play them. My inspiration mostly comes from the games I grew to dislike while playing with my awesome brother. Being a hardcore gamer and an even harder critic, I would often play games and discover that they either don't make sense to some degree or prove to be too challenging or complicated over time (especially once new mechanics are introduced). I believe a game should always be balanced, providing a nice steady challange while still remaining simple and fun. I have an everexpanding imagination for original and unique creations with great attention to detail and a focus on logic, so everything I create has to make sense.


Q: What TCGs did you grow up playing as a kid?

A: Growing up with Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh as the most popular games, I've always been intrigued by how they were created, especially after collecting a plethora of cards. Magic The Gathering always seemed too intimidating and some of the card's artwork creeped me out to be honest, so I never really got into that game. I really liked the concept of evolution in Pokémon until they started creating Pokémon which looked nothing like Pokémon and resembled many household items or food. On the other hand, I liked Yu-Gi-Oh's mysterious story and artwork, but sooned realized that my giant monster's head was the size of a pea. My mind went haywire trying to figure out why, and I couldnt force myself to like it anymore after that because it didnt make sense to me.


Q: What sets Izz-Monsters apart from other TCGs?

A: Izz-Monsters is more than just a trading card game... It's a constant reminder that life can take many turns, but its all in how you SHIFT your mentality to adapt to and overcome the challenges at hand. By aligning your Chakras, you can learn how to TAME your inner monsters and TRAIN them to fight WITH you.... not against you. 



Q: How did you come up with the name Izz-Monsters?

A: The name Izz-Monsters, including every other component of the game, originated from divine timing. My brother was looking at the first homemade holographic while I was trying to decide the perfect word to have in front of "-Monsters" and it suddenly clicked.... He said "Brother.... this is so raw.... like.... it just is." and thus.... IZZ-Monsters was born. I looked up the meaning and definition of "izz" and it says: Glory, grandeur, greatness, dignity, majesty, might, excellence. Also: The prefix "'izz" meaning "high rank, honour, esteem, prestige" is also the notions of being respected, cherished, being strong or powerful. There couldn't be a more perfect word !!


Q: How long have you been working on the game?

A: The game has been in development for over 10 years now, with the first versions being drawn on index cards and laminated with clear tape. There have been multiple prototypes created over the years, even with a few semi-successful attempts at making homemade holographic cards using foil paper and a laser printer.






Q: What is the illustration/design process like?

A: All cards are hand-drawn and then digitally colored (with the exception of some digitally drawn ones). Izz-Monsters are ethereal creatures that are drawn with such a surreal look, that they almost look alive or appear to be popping out of the card.




Q: What are your future plans for Izz-Monsters?

A: Izz-Monsters will be in households all across the world like Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh once people realize their true potential within the game. Because each match is determined by the Player's own Resonance, which can fluctuate at any time, this allows for either quick or longer intense Duels depending on how internally stable each Player is. Learning to become the best version of yourself is a big part of being successful in Izz-Monsters, as the power you possess during a Duel relies greatly upon your own vibrational essence and divine energy.


Q: Will you be at any upcoming conventions?

A: We have been working hard towards the final official product, and with it now complete, we plan to be at the one in March of 2023 and any other events in the near future.


Q: Do you have any advice for someone looking to make their own TCG?

A: Never Give Up. Pursue your passions by doing what you love and your skills will only become better and better. Keep The Creativity Alive, and Stay Forever Learning and Growing by challenging yourself everyday in some way. Small achievements and accomplishments turn into bigger ones over time as long as you practice self-discipline and remember to always have fun. Do as much research as possible and keep your horizons broad to other games as they may spark new ideas for your game. And as always.... ~Stay Enlightened 👁️💎
👁️



For more, follow @izzmonsters_tcg on Instagram 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TCG Interview #90: Ward (Part 2)

I did a follow-up interview with Ward TCG, here are their answers to my questions! Q:  What’s new with Ward TCG since our previous interview? A: A lot has happened in the year since our last interview. Ward has hosted a dozen tournaments with great turnouts, lots of action, and many new players.    We have attended several conventions with the most recent being the HUGE Midwest gaming Classic in Milwaukee WI. The original actors from resident Evil 1 video game hung out at our booth for a while and were enamored with Ward.    We are in about 2 dozen stores, including a partnership with a Midwest convenience store chain “Luckey Seven”. They fell in love with Ward and have begun to spread it in their 37 stores across the Midwest.    We were invited to be on several interviews with ABC News. They also loved Ward and wanted to help promote an upcoming tournament we had in Minneapolis MN at that time. Being on Live TV was very nerve racking. We were also hosted by PBS for a short segment cal

TCG Interview #12: Neo Gambit

 I spoke with the creator of Neo Gambit- here are his answers to my questions: Q: Please describe your trading card game! A: NeoGambit is a fast paced and easy to play deck building combat TCG. Q: What inspired you to create a TCG? A: This came from a dream. I woke up from a nap and had dreamt of this fun TCG, reminded me of how much fun I had as a kid play card games. As a kid I spent hours playing games, but mostly alone, a lot of rules and effects for cards were off putting to others around me. So from my dream, NeoGambit was birthed. A simple fun TCG that literally anyone can play. Q: What TCGs did you grow up playing as a kid? A: My earliest memories are intertwined with TCGs, there wasn’t a moment in my childhood that I didn’t collect cards. Yugioh and Pokémon have been in my life as long as I can remember. I collected both Pokémon and yugioh for over 15 years. I also collected other TCGs over the years, my favorite being chaotic, I’d say that’s where most inspiration for the gam

TCG Interview #9: Nexvs

 I spoke with the creator of Nexvs- here are his answers to my questions: Q: Please describe your trading card game! A:  Nexvs Card Game is a two-player game designed to be compact, portable and fast paced but at the same time holds enough  strategic depth to have great games every time! In this game you will only need your 50-card deck, no extra deck, counters   or dice. The game board is easy to catch up and you can learn the rules in no time! With a space fantasy theme, through  Nexvs we will be able to explore many worlds, stories and characters!   Q: What inspired you to create a TCG? A: I've always liked to imagine sci-fi and fantasy stories since I was younger, so I began writing my own stories for fun!  Eventually I wanted to tell those stories through comics and games, but inside me there was a hidden passion for card  games that I didn't know about! My first inspiration was probably Digimon, but the 1999 card game through Digimon Tamers.  I wanted to make them just tr