Skip to main content

TCG Interview #49: Object Outrage: War of the Whatchamacallits

I spoke with the creator of Object Outrage: War of the Whatchamacallits! Here are his answers to my questions:

Q: Please describe your trading card game!

A: Object Outrage: War of the Whatchamacallits is a tcg that has random objects fight to the death during a war that started after a group of scientists created a device that makes inanimate objects come to life. The Objects have teamed up based on what their preferred weapons and fighting style is, and attack any species of object that they haven’t teamed up with.


Q: What inspired you to create your own TCG?

A: My best friend who made Power Beasts and Culinary Combat was my inspiration for making OOTCG. He got me into HTCGs and helped me start OOTCG. My other inspiration is Chaos Galaxy, I used to watch his videos when I was younger and still love watching him today.


Q: What TCGs did you grow up playing as a kid?

A: I used to play a lot of Pokemon and Yugioh, I collected a lot of cards for each game and still have some of them. I played Pokemon almost every day at school. I watched a ton of Chaos Galaxy’s videos but never played the game.


Q: What sets Object Outrage: War of the Whatchamacallits apart from other TCGs?

A: The team system is what makes Object Outrage different from other TCGs. The 3 teams are the ATK Team, $ Team, and HP Team which are made up of 2 character cards and reward you for getting kills with that team. 25ATK for getting kills with the ATK Team, 25HP for the HP Team, and $1 for the $ Team. A lot of abilities are based around teams/teammates too, like attacking an entire team for 75 damage, or granting HP to teammates for killing cards.


Q: How did you come up with the name Object Outrage: War of the Whatchamacallits?

A: It started as a joke, making the most absurd name we could think of, we came up with the name Object Outrage: War of the Whatchamacallits. I thought the name was perfect because it’s a game about random objects fighting with random things in a war and I still find the name absolutely hilarious to this day.


Q: How long have you been working on the game?

A: I’ve been working on OOTCG for around 8 months.


Q: What is the illustration/design process like?

A: I start out by sketching out my card idea

Next, I take a picture of it and insert it into procreate

Then, I draw the outline over the sketch, and color it (both on different layers)

After that, I make a new layer and put it over everything else and color what I want shaded black.

Finally, I turn that layer's opacity to 40% and export it to the google slideshow that I put art on and make it into a card.


Q: What are your future plans for Object Outrage: War of the Whatchamacallits?

A: I am planning on making Starter Toolboxes (decks) for the Airborne and Handheld classes that include original cards and a few reskinned cards like CD Slayer and Rocket Boots. I also am planning on making Set 2 after the Starters.


Q: Will you be at any upcoming conventions?

A: I am not currently planning on going to any conventions.


Q: Do you have any advice for someone looking to make their own TCG?

A: Inspiration can come from anything. It can come from a stick, a spider, and even a grain of sand. Don’t be afraid to make a TCG because you say that you aren’t good at drawing, that was me 8 months ago. Just like anything else, you need practice to draw something, it may take months to make a card you are proud of, and once you are proud of what you make, you will have a TCG in no time!


For more, follow @object_outrage_tcg on Instagram and check out https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/object-outrage:-war-of-the-whatchamacallits-tcg-set-1









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TCG Interview #90: Ward (Part 2)

I did a follow-up interview with Ward TCG, here are their answers to my questions! Q:  What’s new with Ward TCG since our previous interview? A: A lot has happened in the year since our last interview. Ward has hosted a dozen tournaments with great turnouts, lots of action, and many new players.    We have attended several conventions with the most recent being the HUGE Midwest gaming Classic in Milwaukee WI. The original actors from resident Evil 1 video game hung out at our booth for a while and were enamored with Ward.    We are in about 2 dozen stores, including a partnership with a Midwest convenience store chain “Luckey Seven”. They fell in love with Ward and have begun to spread it in their 37 stores across the Midwest.    We were invited to be on several interviews with ABC News. They also loved Ward and wanted to help promote an upcoming tournament we had in Minneapolis MN at that time. Being on Live TV was very nerve racking. We were also hosted by PBS for a short segment cal

TCG Interview #12: Neo Gambit

 I spoke with the creator of Neo Gambit- here are his answers to my questions: Q: Please describe your trading card game! A: NeoGambit is a fast paced and easy to play deck building combat TCG. Q: What inspired you to create a TCG? A: This came from a dream. I woke up from a nap and had dreamt of this fun TCG, reminded me of how much fun I had as a kid play card games. As a kid I spent hours playing games, but mostly alone, a lot of rules and effects for cards were off putting to others around me. So from my dream, NeoGambit was birthed. A simple fun TCG that literally anyone can play. Q: What TCGs did you grow up playing as a kid? A: My earliest memories are intertwined with TCGs, there wasn’t a moment in my childhood that I didn’t collect cards. Yugioh and Pokémon have been in my life as long as I can remember. I collected both Pokémon and yugioh for over 15 years. I also collected other TCGs over the years, my favorite being chaotic, I’d say that’s where most inspiration for the gam

TCG Interview #9: Nexvs

 I spoke with the creator of Nexvs- here are his answers to my questions: Q: Please describe your trading card game! A:  Nexvs Card Game is a two-player game designed to be compact, portable and fast paced but at the same time holds enough  strategic depth to have great games every time! In this game you will only need your 50-card deck, no extra deck, counters   or dice. The game board is easy to catch up and you can learn the rules in no time! With a space fantasy theme, through  Nexvs we will be able to explore many worlds, stories and characters!   Q: What inspired you to create a TCG? A: I've always liked to imagine sci-fi and fantasy stories since I was younger, so I began writing my own stories for fun!  Eventually I wanted to tell those stories through comics and games, but inside me there was a hidden passion for card  games that I didn't know about! My first inspiration was probably Digimon, but the 1999 card game through Digimon Tamers.  I wanted to make them just tr