Skip to main content

TCG Interview #68: Arsenal

I spoke with Paul Dose, the creator of Arsenal! Here are his answers to my questions:


Q: Please describe your trading card game!
A: A kinetic interactive game that puts 2 players against one another, combining aspects of fantasy, war, and poker 

Q: What inspired you to create your own TCG?
A: I have always loved designing games, this one was inspired by several games I played when I was young on the GameCube.

Q: What TCGs did you grow up playing as a kid?
A: Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Magic the Gathering, and Chaotic.

Q: What sets Arsenal apart from other TCGs?
A: A constant back and forth of interactivity between two players, with a poker system to keep things dynamic and interesting.

Q: How did you come up with the name Arsenal?
A: Each of the fighters bring weapons and skills to the fight, in a way, they bring their "Arsenal" to the fight 

Q: How long have you been working on the game?
A: 15 years

Q: What is the illustration/design process like?
A: I have hired a fantastic artist for the Characters, and I make sure to make each weapon card appear distinctive from the others.

Q: When will the game officially be released?
A: The game was officially released in June of 2021 at Tampa TCG Con.

Q: What are your future plans for Arsenal?
A: We will have 9 new fighters available utilizing the 3 newest primary weapon types. These will include new animal tribes never before seen. From the insect, amphibian, and fish genomes.

Q: Will you be at any upcoming conventions?
A: I will be attending TCG Con in Tampa Florida this September.

Q: Do you have any advice for someone looking to make their own TCG?
A: Always be open to criticism, you can always improve and expand, you don't know everything. Someone may make a suggestion that changes your whole perspective.

For more, follow @arsenal_tcg on Instagram












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TCG Interview #74: Ward

I spoke to the creators of WARD! Here are their answers to my questions:  Q: Please describe your trading card game! A: Ward is a trading card game that blends aspects from other popular TCGs like Pokemon, Yugioh, and Magic: The Gathering, but adds a Dungeons and Dragons style, dice rolling, battle system. We then simplified all aspects/systems so anyone can learn how to play with ease. Q: What inspired you to create your own TCG? A: Ward was inspired by creator Joe Casey when he decided to buy a few packs of a new card game (We will not say which). He had always loved card games of any type, Pokemon, Yugioh, Magic, Cribbage, Poker, and so many more. He brought the packs home, opened them up and read the rules in order to play it. For several hours, he and another future Ward associate, could not figure out the rules or general layout of playing the game. YouTube videos did not explain it well either. Eventually, they gave up and moved on. The idea for Ward was not created on this ...

TCG Interview #49: Object Outrage: War of the Whatchamacallits

I spoke with the creator of Object Outrage: War of the Whatchamacallits! Here are his answers to my questions: Q: Please describe your trading card game! A: Object Outrage: War of the Whatchamacallits is a tcg that has random objects fight to the death during a war that started after a group of scientists created a device that makes inanimate objects come to life. The Objects have teamed up based on what their preferred weapons and fighting style is, and attack any species of object that they haven’t teamed up with. Q: What inspired you to create your own TCG? A: My best friend who made Power Beasts and Culinary Combat was my inspiration for making OOTCG. He got me into HTCGs and helped me start OOTCG. My other inspiration is Chaos Galaxy, I used to watch his videos when I was younger and still love watching him today. Q: What TCGs did you grow up playing as a kid? A: I used to play a lot of Pokemon and Yugioh, I collected a lot of cards for each game and still have some of them. I pl...

TCG Interview #88: Disc Cards

I spoke with Rob Eames, the creator of Disc Cards- h ere are his answers to my questions!  Q: Please describe your trading card game! A: I have always thought of it as a child of Magic: the Gathering and Yahtzee lineage, with Disc Golf  serving as the Midwife. That’s the glib answer, the serious one is this:  Disc Cards is a Trading Card Game, to be sold in Specialty Game Shops and especially Disc Golf Pro  Shops.  Players have a Deck of 60 cards, with no more than 3 of the same Disc Side allowed, and no more  than 3 of the same Location Side allowed. Each player has three 6-sided dice, and they use their dice  rolls and Disc Cards to match the obstacles along their chosen Route (players can choose to go for a  Par, a Birdie, or an Ace: a hole in one). You can play Disc Cards with a Group or Solo, you can decide to play high risk/reward or low-risk conservative, you can choose to help your opponents or you can choose to hinder your opponents:...