Skip to main content

TCG Interview #71: Tasuo Showdown

I spoke with Tarayon Austin, the creator of Tasuo Showdown! Here are his answers to my questions: 


Q: Please describe your trading card game!

A: Tasuo Showdown is a thrilling tournament style collectible card game with mechanics of a fighting game core. You fight with creatures and spirits by calling them to the Tasuo world in a spiritual warfare. This war in the future is turned into a sport event titled Tasuo Showdown which involves different worlds, dimensions, and universes battling for Kaju Frags.


Q: What inspired you to create your own TCG?

A: I was inspired to create a trading card game

Because, a lot of the ones I experienced did not make me feel as involved with the combat. I also want to make a long lasting game that eventually involves all the other preexisting fictional worlds.


Q: What TCGs did you grow up playing as a kid?

A: I grew up playing yugioh, MBNT, vanguard, a little bit of Duel masters, and watching a ton of Chaotic.


Q: What sets Tasuo Showdown apart from other TCGs?

A: What sets Tasuo showdown apart from other TCG’s is about 6 years of play testing the game and 7 years of developing the game. The resources system is original and the game

Is designed for big egos to go at it. Every move counts in this game!


Q: How did you come up with the name Tasuo Showdown?

A: I came up with the name in 2014 I was looking for a cool word other than saiyan when Leo Shizen powers up and it’s the word that came to mind. He became my first “Tasuo Warrior”. The Tasuo warriors fight against the “Ugly Professor” to restore their planet.


Q: How long have you been working on the game?

A: 9 years


Q: What is the illustration/design process like?

A: 80 percent of the characters/names were created during my childhood/teen years. I

Hire artist to make them come to life.


Q: What are your future plans for Tasuo Showdown?

A: My future plans for Tasuo showdown is to release a main set and 5 mini sets per year. A full wiki page for Tasuo Showdown lore and gameplay. A downloadable game on the App Store. Start a manga series and eventually an anime ! The ultimate goal is for Tasuo Showdown to be it’s own IP were fans and supporters can create DD campaigns or create their own characters etc base on the knowledge of the creatures and beings in the universe.


Q: Will you be at any upcoming conventions?

A:yes we will


Q: Do you have any advice for someone looking to make their own TCG?

A:  Be original.


For more, follow @tasuoshowdown_ccg on Instagram and check out tasuoshowdown.com















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TCG Interview #90: Ward (Part 2)

I did a follow-up interview with Ward TCG, here are their answers to my questions! Q:  What’s new with Ward TCG since our previous interview? A: A lot has happened in the year since our last interview. Ward has hosted a dozen tournaments with great turnouts, lots of action, and many new players.    We have attended several conventions with the most recent being the HUGE Midwest gaming Classic in Milwaukee WI. The original actors from resident Evil 1 video game hung out at our booth for a while and were enamored with Ward.    We are in about 2 dozen stores, including a partnership with a Midwest convenience store chain “Luckey Seven”. They fell in love with Ward and have begun to spread it in their 37 stores across the Midwest.    We were invited to be on several interviews with ABC News. They also loved Ward and wanted to help promote an upcoming tournament we had in Minneapolis MN at that time. Being on Live TV was very nerve racking. We were also hosted by PBS for a short segment cal

TCG Interview #12: Neo Gambit

 I spoke with the creator of Neo Gambit- here are his answers to my questions: Q: Please describe your trading card game! A: NeoGambit is a fast paced and easy to play deck building combat TCG. Q: What inspired you to create a TCG? A: This came from a dream. I woke up from a nap and had dreamt of this fun TCG, reminded me of how much fun I had as a kid play card games. As a kid I spent hours playing games, but mostly alone, a lot of rules and effects for cards were off putting to others around me. So from my dream, NeoGambit was birthed. A simple fun TCG that literally anyone can play. Q: What TCGs did you grow up playing as a kid? A: My earliest memories are intertwined with TCGs, there wasn’t a moment in my childhood that I didn’t collect cards. Yugioh and Pokémon have been in my life as long as I can remember. I collected both Pokémon and yugioh for over 15 years. I also collected other TCGs over the years, my favorite being chaotic, I’d say that’s where most inspiration for the gam

TCG Interview #9: Nexvs

 I spoke with the creator of Nexvs- here are his answers to my questions: Q: Please describe your trading card game! A:  Nexvs Card Game is a two-player game designed to be compact, portable and fast paced but at the same time holds enough  strategic depth to have great games every time! In this game you will only need your 50-card deck, no extra deck, counters   or dice. The game board is easy to catch up and you can learn the rules in no time! With a space fantasy theme, through  Nexvs we will be able to explore many worlds, stories and characters!   Q: What inspired you to create a TCG? A: I've always liked to imagine sci-fi and fantasy stories since I was younger, so I began writing my own stories for fun!  Eventually I wanted to tell those stories through comics and games, but inside me there was a hidden passion for card  games that I didn't know about! My first inspiration was probably Digimon, but the 1999 card game through Digimon Tamers.  I wanted to make them just tr