Skip to main content

TCG Interview #79: Infiternal

I spoke with the creator of Infiternal! Here are his answers to my questions:

Q: Please describe your trading card game!

A: My game is a wizard vs wizard card game. Where in the player Casts enigmatic powers

at their opponents, until they are the last player standing. 


Q: What inspired you to create your own TCG?

A: There are two things that really inspired me to create my own cardgame.

The first thing was the turned based rpg “Golden Sun”. The second thing was my Izzet burn deck!


Q: What TCGs did you grow up playing as a kid?

A: I grew up with yu-gi-oh, which later evolved into mtg.


Q: What sets Infiternal apart from other TCGs?

A: My game is a card game without creatures. I want to give the players the feeling that they

are actually fighting with their own powers. In creature based tcg’s its almost

always a creature you control that attacks for you. In this game you are the one in control.


Q: How did you come up with the name Infiternal?

A: The name was designed by my girlfriend when we were on the beach. The game’s name is a combination of the word Infinity and Eternal.


Q: How long have you been working on the game?

A: I’ve been working on the game since 2015. Thats when i commisioned the first artwork for the game :P


Q: What is the illustration/design process like?

A: Well, i have my own illustrators. But i am currenlty using an AI generator for my concept art.


Q: When will the game officially be released?

A: I am aiming to release the game at the end of 2023.


Q: What are your future plans for Infiternal?

A: My future plans for Infiternal depends on how many people will be liking the game. 

If it succeeds towards my liking I have some interesting game mechanics as expansions.


Q: Will you be at any upcoming conventions?

A: Probably not. I have 3 kids which demand time and a company.... So conventions are really a no no. 


Q: Do you have any advice for someone looking to make their own TCG?

A: Okay, here are some tips if you want to create your own card game :p

1 - Play as many card games as you can. 2 - Design your template after you have the core rules of your game. 3 - Play test your game outside of your friend group.


For more, follow @infiternaltcg on Instagram







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TCG Interview #74: Ward

I spoke to the creators of WARD! Here are their answers to my questions:  Q: Please describe your trading card game! A: Ward is a trading card game that blends aspects from other popular TCGs like Pokemon, Yugioh, and Magic: The Gathering, but adds a Dungeons and Dragons style, dice rolling, battle system. We then simplified all aspects/systems so anyone can learn how to play with ease. Q: What inspired you to create your own TCG? A: Ward was inspired by creator Joe Casey when he decided to buy a few packs of a new card game (We will not say which). He had always loved card games of any type, Pokemon, Yugioh, Magic, Cribbage, Poker, and so many more. He brought the packs home, opened them up and read the rules in order to play it. For several hours, he and another future Ward associate, could not figure out the rules or general layout of playing the game. YouTube videos did not explain it well either. Eventually, they gave up and moved on. The idea for Ward was not created on this ...

TCG Interview #49: Object Outrage: War of the Whatchamacallits

I spoke with the creator of Object Outrage: War of the Whatchamacallits! Here are his answers to my questions: Q: Please describe your trading card game! A: Object Outrage: War of the Whatchamacallits is a tcg that has random objects fight to the death during a war that started after a group of scientists created a device that makes inanimate objects come to life. The Objects have teamed up based on what their preferred weapons and fighting style is, and attack any species of object that they haven’t teamed up with. Q: What inspired you to create your own TCG? A: My best friend who made Power Beasts and Culinary Combat was my inspiration for making OOTCG. He got me into HTCGs and helped me start OOTCG. My other inspiration is Chaos Galaxy, I used to watch his videos when I was younger and still love watching him today. Q: What TCGs did you grow up playing as a kid? A: I used to play a lot of Pokemon and Yugioh, I collected a lot of cards for each game and still have some of them. I pl...

TCG Interview #88: Disc Cards

I spoke with Rob Eames, the creator of Disc Cards- h ere are his answers to my questions!  Q: Please describe your trading card game! A: I have always thought of it as a child of Magic: the Gathering and Yahtzee lineage, with Disc Golf  serving as the Midwife. That’s the glib answer, the serious one is this:  Disc Cards is a Trading Card Game, to be sold in Specialty Game Shops and especially Disc Golf Pro  Shops.  Players have a Deck of 60 cards, with no more than 3 of the same Disc Side allowed, and no more  than 3 of the same Location Side allowed. Each player has three 6-sided dice, and they use their dice  rolls and Disc Cards to match the obstacles along their chosen Route (players can choose to go for a  Par, a Birdie, or an Ace: a hole in one). You can play Disc Cards with a Group or Solo, you can decide to play high risk/reward or low-risk conservative, you can choose to help your opponents or you can choose to hinder your opponents:...