Skip to main content

TCG Interview #95: Chaos Ensuming

 

I spoke with the creator of Chaos Ensuming, here are his answers to my questions!

Q: Please describe your trading card game!

A: Chaos Ensuming Tcg is a Traditional trading card game created to solidify a more functional game whilst being a more honest business model to the customers by focusing heavily upon how cards are released so that boosters can not only be designed for draft play but incentivize a more level collectability of each basic card so the rarities are not restricted by the cards function in the game but by the art upon the card.


Q: What inspired you to create your own TCG?

A: As I began my work upon the comics production I found a lack of continued production due to the slow rate of work required to make a Comic in the manner I wish to introduce them; A 2 part book with 60 pages of art with a in depth lore released after the blank comics publication so the comic becomes a in depth dive into the lore through not only the expression of the handmade artwork but through the contrast of complex narrative for readers and creators alike.

This being said I needed a promotional tool to fundraise the comic, so I networked with several artists to create the beginnings of the game. Production began quicker than expected due to the push of several fans wanting a few various products within short notice; that began the reformation of the game from a 500 card set down to a small first set release with new frames and new cards to balance out issues discovered in the game after 4 years of rigorous testing.


Q: What TCGs did you grow up playing as a kid?

A: A multitude; traditional 52 card decks and creating gambling games was a passion I held early on, as well as having played Duel Monsters, Duel Masters, Pokémon, Baku Gon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic the Gathering and so forth.


Q: What sets Chaos Ensuming apart from other TCGs?

A: All hand made artwork makes other games appear less than bushwa compared, the lore is thoroughly developed, and the game gives the unique balancing system formulated to give a more unique diverse range of freedom with your choices as the player while maintaining a well balanced atmosphere for all players as well as ensuring that cards are routinely updated to fix balancing as well as changing text ever so slightly when we discover textual issues for cards in games with up to 4 people; though games have ran more than 8 players before.

Multiple game modes are being developed as well for players.


Q: How did you come up with the name Chaos Ensuming?

A: As the creator my notes, writings and information is scattered upon various pages strewn here or there; alas how else must I find what I need? Maybe its Chaos Theory…or maybe Chaos Ensumes…is Ensuming?

Derived from:

Galician

Verb

ensume

second-person singular imperative of ensumir


Q: How long have you been working on the game?

A: Since 2020, though a basic conceptual idea for the game was created between 2 years during high school, very few of those notes still exist and most evidence for those early precepts where destroyed or lost years before work had begun more formally.


Q: What is the illustration/design process like?

A: Chris Katz; (i) as the creator I personally produce all the lore and concepts and sketch them down next to a detailed description for the artist to conceptualize into their artwork; some artworks require extreme detail as they pertain to a serious part of the lore which will be introduced later on others artists are allowed their full creative freedom so long as they match the base concepts I lay down as the arts boundaries.

All traditional artworks are held as stock for the company; all for sale so the company can keep production moving but the core artworks used for the cards back and frame designs which will never be placed upon market so long as I live.

A team of Techs is being built to work on building a card data base, this is a in progress matter until mid 2025


Q: Where are your artists from?

A: Various U.S states, Wales, Thailand, Russia, Kenya, United Kingdom


Q: When will the game officially be released?

A: The release of set 1 weighs heavily on how quickly artworks can be created and funds can be raised; currently we have 44 new card frames to have commissioned that is, unique frames for rarities as well as landscape and portrait artwork frames for each card type within the game. If all goes well a properly balanced first release could be anywhere from 2025 to late 2026; this is so all art can be promptly finished and new card frame regulations as well as multiple rule books over various subjects to help hired workers get an easy debrief of the work they are expected to do in set testing so that future sets can more easily be tested and released.


Q: What are your future plans for Chaos Ensuming?

A: the game is modeled to compete against companies within the market who abuse their customer base, harm the local game stores that assisted their success, as well as to bring a more functional game balanced through a slight tint of more complexity to give you a more fun and easily enjoyable trading card game.


Q: Will you be at any upcoming conventions?

A: Currently my job has me working 12 hours a day for 5 days a week and the continued labour ofproducing the game adds on around 4 to 6 hours more in the day that I am working on the game indepth; in one way or the other. The more likely possibility upon the first release would be the hiring of a few promoters to represent the company at an event in my place so I can continue production.


Q: Do you have any advice for someone looking to make their own TCG?

A: Be honest, have a business plan as well as a functioning game; stay away from hiring someone to create the games inner workings and make one yourself. You must have devotion and discipline, if you do not have either, you have little to no chance in a cut throat market. I wish everyone the best of luck.

I seek to devour the market.


For more, check out @chaosensuming on Instagram












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TCG Interview #90: Ward (Part 2)

I did a follow-up interview with Ward TCG, here are their answers to my questions! Q:  What’s new with Ward TCG since our previous interview? A: A lot has happened in the year since our last interview. Ward has hosted a dozen tournaments with great turnouts, lots of action, and many new players.    We have attended several conventions with the most recent being the HUGE Midwest gaming Classic in Milwaukee WI. The original actors from resident Evil 1 video game hung out at our booth for a while and were enamored with Ward.    We are in about 2 dozen stores, including a partnership with a Midwest convenience store chain “Luckey Seven”. They fell in love with Ward and have begun to spread it in their 37 stores across the Midwest.    We were invited to be on several interviews with ABC News. They also loved Ward and wanted to help promote an upcoming tournament we had in Minneapolis MN at that time. Being on Live TV was very nerve racking. We were also hosted by PBS for a short segment cal

TCG Interview #12: Neo Gambit

 I spoke with the creator of Neo Gambit- here are his answers to my questions: Q: Please describe your trading card game! A: NeoGambit is a fast paced and easy to play deck building combat TCG. Q: What inspired you to create a TCG? A: This came from a dream. I woke up from a nap and had dreamt of this fun TCG, reminded me of how much fun I had as a kid play card games. As a kid I spent hours playing games, but mostly alone, a lot of rules and effects for cards were off putting to others around me. So from my dream, NeoGambit was birthed. A simple fun TCG that literally anyone can play. Q: What TCGs did you grow up playing as a kid? A: My earliest memories are intertwined with TCGs, there wasn’t a moment in my childhood that I didn’t collect cards. Yugioh and Pokémon have been in my life as long as I can remember. I collected both Pokémon and yugioh for over 15 years. I also collected other TCGs over the years, my favorite being chaotic, I’d say that’s where most inspiration for the gam

TCG Interview #9: Nexvs

 I spoke with the creator of Nexvs- here are his answers to my questions: Q: Please describe your trading card game! A:  Nexvs Card Game is a two-player game designed to be compact, portable and fast paced but at the same time holds enough  strategic depth to have great games every time! In this game you will only need your 50-card deck, no extra deck, counters   or dice. The game board is easy to catch up and you can learn the rules in no time! With a space fantasy theme, through  Nexvs we will be able to explore many worlds, stories and characters!   Q: What inspired you to create a TCG? A: I've always liked to imagine sci-fi and fantasy stories since I was younger, so I began writing my own stories for fun!  Eventually I wanted to tell those stories through comics and games, but inside me there was a hidden passion for card  games that I didn't know about! My first inspiration was probably Digimon, but the 1999 card game through Digimon Tamers.  I wanted to make them just tr